The True North Parenting Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Do you know Rebecca Singer?

May is a month that gives us all the opportunity to celebrate the amazing mothers in our lives. The True North Team ran a Momma Makeover contest for the April/May issue. We received so many touching entries with such inspirational stories that it was almost painful to only pick two winners. While we weren’t able to provide all of these amazing moms with a makeover, we would like to celebrate them and those who nominated them by sharing their stories throughout this month. We hope they will touch you the way they touched us, or at least remind you to give that special mom in your life just a little extra love each day.

Rebecca Singer


My mom, Rebecca Singer, deserves to win the Momma Makeover contest because she is the ideal mother. Even as a teenager I still consider her my best friend, and I cant even begin to imagine life without her. She is the one I have always idolized and I aspire to be just like her when I grow up. She is caring, nice, funny, and an all over amazing person. She is a mother of 3 and with a 16, 14, and 5 year old on her hands she is ALWAYS on the go. She has gone through SOO much in the last year including Alopecia Universalis where she lost all her hair in one week, and skin cancer. I would never be able to stay as strong as she did through the whole process and couldn't imagine anyone handling it better.
 
I know that in any time of need she will always be there for me and my sisters, and supports us 100%. She can always make me feel better when I am down and does whatever it takes to make me laugh. I love everything about her and the way that even when a day is not so good, she looks at it on the positive side. My favorite thing to do with my mom is sit down after school and drink a cup of tea.
 
When I was little I used to beg her to come into school as my " show & tell" because she was my favorite thing, though of course I always had to end up bringing in a stuffed animal of some sort even though the two didn't even begin to compare. I have never been embarrassed to tell my mom anything because my sisters and I know that no matter what, she will not be the one to judge. Whenever I am sick, she stays by my side the whole time and does anything she can to make me better. I know that my mom is an amazing mom because not only is she loved by our family but also all of my friends. Infact sometimes I am not sure whether my friends come over to see me or my mom, and they quickly begin to call her there own mother!! I am proud to have the mother I do and wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. I would love my mom to win the Momma Makeover because I know it would make her happy and she deserves it entirely! :)
 
Nominated by Olivia Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment